The Women of Color Virtual Summit: An Educational Series
June 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2021
Engage in discussions designed to address systemic barriers, inequities and disparities for women of color.
Thank you for your interest in the Women of Color Virtual Summit.
Women of color are influential and hold key roles within their homes, communities and organizations. The pandemic and state of race relations present serious challenges for communities of color. Now more than ever, the urgency of hearing from diverse voices is critical. This year’s theme is Healing, Restoration and Resilience.
This year’s theme; Healing, Restoration and Resilience reflects the impact of the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic and how it exposed long-standing inequities by race, ethnicity, and income. The heightened levels of disparities, losses and widespread injustices caused deep wound, hurts and fears. These damaging consequences require a renewed level of healing of our hearts, minds, bodies and souls. Every aspect of our lives was forever changed: personal, professional, social and more. We need to hear from diverse voices about the critical components that will allow us to advance toward a healthy future for all. Now more than ever it is important to develop action steps that will move us forward with urgency.
We encourage corporate leaders, executive leaders, diversity officers, funders, community stakeholders, educators, managers, supervisors, team leaders, coordinators and direct care staff with leadership aspirations to attend one or all sessions. We also encourage and desire participation from high school and college students.
Call for Workshop Presentations – Due By April 15th
More than 1,000 women across New York State and various regions of North America will convene in June 2021 for the Women of Color Summit (WOC).
This summit will provide an uplifting environment for, by and about Women of Color that promotes equity, education, and professional development. The summit focuses on and prioritizes the voices and experiences of women and college students who identify as Women of Color.
Conference Target Audience:
Executive leaders, managers, supervisors, team leaders, coordinators and direct care staff with leadership aspirations and potential. We also encourage and desire participation from college students.
- WOC will be recognized as the premier event addressing the needs of Women of Color as they seek professional advancement in New York State and other North American regions.
- Empower Women of Color through access to information, professional development, peer networking, educational and mentoring opportunities.
- Provide a forum to celebrate Women of Color’s accomplishments and professional contributions.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of dialogue on topics and issues pertinent to professional working women and college students.
- Promote Optimal Health, Wellness and Financial Empowerment while exploring innovative strategies to address dipartites.
- Provide example case studies, shared experiences, and initiatives designed to promote upward and forward advancement opportunities for Women of Color.
- Constructively challenge structural inequalities by providing feedback to the institution and systemic structures
- Start an ongoing dialogue that will impact effective positive policy directives that will improve the lives of all women
Important Workshop/Presentation Application Information:
- Presenters act as volunteers and will not be compensated for their time. The lead presenter in a workshop will be offered a complimentary registration for that session.
- All presenters are expected to register for at least one session of the 2021 WOC Summit
- Please submit only one (1) workshop application per agency
- All workshops should be 60 minutes long. When planning for your workshop/presentation, please include time for discussion and Q&A in your 60 minute window
- All presenters are required to participate in a planning conference call prior to the WOC Summit
- Presenters are prohibited from using the workshop as a platform to promote their business or product
- We reserve the discretion to edit or modify workshop descriptions and bio to meet publication requirements
- By submitting your presentation you are consenting to having screen shots/video taken during your workshop for use in future conference marketing and informational materials with no expected compensation
- Presenters agree to promote the event within their company, city, region and within associated affinity groups
Sessions and topics
- The summit will be held via Zoom platform.
- Entry to each session will be limited to registered participants for that session.
- To maximize participation, we asked that you plan to sign on with video capability.
- All sessions will be closed-captioned.
Registration fees and deadlines
We encourage you to register today. Registration will closed 48 hours before each session.
The bundle discount applies until June 3. After that, pricing is a la carte for each session that remains.
All conference attendees must register online.
Contact Eleversity directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other payment arrangements prior to registration.
Important registration information
- 2021 summit registration will not be processed without full payment which can be submitted through the website.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent via email.
- Full refunds will only be available until a week before each session. All refund requests received after that time will be subject to a 25% service fee. In the event of a system-wide technical failure or force majeure, the conference will either be re-scheduled or credit will be given for a future event.
- Shared registrations are strictly prohibited (i.e., one person attends one day and someone else another.)
For more information about the Women of Color Summit contact: email@example.com
Thank you to our sponsors:
Call us at (585) 340-2051 to set up your training or submit form by clicking below.Contact Us