The Women of Color Virtual Summit: An Educational Series
July 23, 30 and Aug. 6, 13
Engage in discussions designed to address systemic barriers, inequities and disparities for women of color.
Thank you for your interest in the Women of Color Virtual Summit.
Women of color are influential and hold key roles within their homes, communities and organizations. The pandemic and state of race relations present serious challenges for communities of color. Now more than ever, the urgency of hearing from diverse voices is critical. This year’s theme is Courageous Conversations – Moving from conversation to implementation and advancing strategies for diversity, equity and inclusion. It challenges us to take ownership as a community of individuals, organizations, policymakers and decision-makers to be intentional about moving from conversation to implementation. As we talk about ownership of diversity and inclusion, expectations for change must be part of the conversation at all levels.
The mission of the 2020 Women of Color Virtual Summit is to provide an uplifting environment for women of color that promotes equity, education and professional development. The summit focuses on and prioritizes the voices and experiences of women and college students who identify as women of color or indigenous. In addition, we welcome all who are supporters and champions of equity, diversity and inclusion. This summit will allow educators, civic and community leaders, medical and nonproﬁt and corporate professionals to work together to continue tearing down the walls of racism, sexism and other barriers that limit and hinder the success of women of color.
We encourage corporate leaders, executive leaders, diversity officers, funders, community stakeholders, educators, managers, supervisors, team leaders, coordinators and direct care staff with leadership aspirations to attend one or all sessions. We also encourage and desire participation from high school and college students.
- Become the premier event addressing the needs of women of color as they develop their career pathways and professional advancement goals
- Engage in strategic discussions related to COVID-19 and race relations
- Empower women of color through access to information, professional development, peer networking and educational and mentoring opportunities
- Provide a forum to celebrate the accomplishments and professional contributions of women of color
- Create a safe space for women of various backgrounds and professions to confront oppressive systemic barriers and identify reasons behind the leadership gap
- Promote optimal health, wellness and financial empowerment while exploring innovative strategies to address disparities
- Strengthen leadership skills to influence positive policies and promote equity in offices, boardrooms, classrooms and communities
- Provide a welcoming environment for participation among allies and champions of equity
Sessions and topics
All sessions take place from 9:30 a.m.- noon EST
Session 1, July 23 — Women of Color and Our Realities: What is next for us and our communities – COVID-19 and race relations. Featuring keynote by Helen Lowery. Register today.
Session 2, July 30 — Health and Wellness: Our role in improving individual and community outcomes. Featuring keynote by Ronnie Pollack. Register today.
Session 3, August 6 — Equity: Employment and the Economy. Featuring keynote by Brittany Read. Register today.
Session 4, August 13 — Education and Training: successes, challenges and opportunities. Featuring keynote by Melisza Campos. Register today.
Attendance for diversity education training hours
A general certificate of attendance with the number of training hours completed will be provided to all summit participants for documentation for professional credentialing. All certificates of attendance will be distributed after the last session. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The summit will be held via Zoom platform.
- Entry to each session will be limited to registered participants for that session.
- To maximize participation, we asked that you plan to sign on with video capability.
- All sessions will be closed-captioned.
Registration fees and deadlines
We encourage you to register today. The early bird rate deadline has been extended to July 17. Registration will close 48 hours before each session.
*To purchase the four-session package, add all four sessions to your cart, enter code Bundle and apply the coupon at checkout.
The bundle discount applies until July 21. After that, pricing is a la carte for each session that remains.
All conference attendees must register online. Payment can be made by credit card securely through our website (American Express is not accepted at this time.)
Contact Eleversity directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other payment arrangements prior to registration.
Important registration information
- 2020 summit registration will not be processed without full payment which can be submitted through the website.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent via email.
- Full refunds will only be available until a week before each session. All refund requests received after that time will be subject to a 25% service fee. In the event of a system-wide technical failure or force majeure, the conference will either be re-scheduled or credit will be given for a future event.
- Each person must have an account set up on the website in order to sign up or be registered by a colleague.
- Shared registrations are strictly prohibited (i.e., one person attends one day and someone else another day).
Thank you to our sponsors:
Call us at (585) 340-2051 to set up your training or submit form by clicking below.Contact Us