PLEASE READ ALL THE DETAILS BELOW BEFORE YOU SUBMIT A “CALL FOR WORKSHOP”
Call for Workshop Presentations Due by March 15, 2024
Theme: “R.I.S.E – Recognizing Our Influence, Success and Essene: Why We Matter”
Our 2024 theme is R. I. S. E – “Recognizing Our Influence, Success and Essence: Why We Matter”. Through the elements of this year’s theme, we want to leverage our influence, celebrate our successes, and reinforce the essence of who we are and why we matter. It is our goal to create a unified space of liberation, relatable stories, and opportunities for development. The summit is designed to equip attendees with tools that will allow them to navigate different areas of the workplace, including career goals, performance, relationships, growth opportunities, challenges, and others.
This summit will provide an uplifting environment for, by and about Women of Color that promotes equity, education, and professional development. The summit focuses on and prioritizes the voices and experiences of women and college students who identify as Women of Color.
Conference Target Audience:
Executive leaders, managers, supervisors, team leaders, coordinators and direct care staff with leadership aspirations and potential. We also encourage and desire participation from college students. We welcome allies and accomplices who are committed to learning and taking action.
- WOC will be recognized as the premier event addressing the needs of Women of Color as they seek professional advancement in New York State and other North American regions.
- Empower Women of Color through access to information, professional development, peer networking, educational and mentoring opportunities.
- Provide a forum to celebrate Women of Color’s accomplishments and professional contributions.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of dialogue on topics and issues pertinent to professional working women and college students.
- Promote Optimal Health, Wellness and Financial Empowerment while exploring innovative strategies to address dipartites.
- Provide example case studies, shared experiences, and initiatives designed to promote upward and forward advancement opportunities for Women of Color.
- Constructively challenge structural inequalities by providing feedback to the institution and systemic structures.
- Start an ongoing dialogue that will impact effective positive policy directives that will improve the lives of all women.
- Offer conversation and ongoing discussions with allies and accomplices who stand in solidarity with our mission and vision
Important Workshop/Presentation Application Information:
- Presenters act as volunteers and will not be compensated for their time. The lead presenter in a workshop will be offered a complimentary registration for that session.
- All presenters are expected to register for at least one session of the 2024 WOC Summit.
- Please submit only one (1) workshop application per agency
- All in- person workshops should be 90 minutes in length and virtual 50 minutes. When planning for your workshop/presentation, please include time for discussion and Q&A in your window.
- All presenters are required to participate in a planning conference call prior to the WOC Summit.
- Presenters are prohibited from using the workshop as a platform to promote their business or product.
- We reserve the discretion to edit or modify workshop descriptions and bio to meet publication requirements.
- By submitting your presentation, you are consenting to having screen shots/video taken during your workshop for use in future conference marketing and informational materials with no expected compensation.
Presenters agree to promote the event within their company, city, region and within associated affinity groups
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact: Sara Taylor at email@example.com or Deborah Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
The summit will address all the areas mentioned below through three tracks. While we welcome creativity and authenticity, we are looking for experienced volunteer facilitators that can provide impactful and engaging presentations from suggested topics listed below:
Information for Panel Speaker/Call for Workshop
Mentorship and Coaching
Effective and Impactful Communication
Career Planning and Advancement Strategies
Leadership Styles and Skills
Is it a Microaggressions or a Performance Concern?
Allyship and Sponsorship
Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders with Key Management Skills (fireside chat?)
Entrepreneurship – From Vision To Reality
Maneuvering the Glass Ceiling – How do I get through (equity and advancing DEI)
Community and Social Justice Issues
Women of Color and Philanthropy and Fundraising, Volunteering
Understanding “The Buying Power of Women of Color”
If not me then who? (non-traditional career, STEM, Medical, Engineering, Tech, AI, etc.)
Managing “The Inner You and Emotions and Composure of Work”
Self-esteem and Self-confidence? Celebrating Me
Owning my Wellness and Care Plan
Keeping My Business in Order: Money/Financial Management
Building Community (impacts my success)
Owning the Room
Workshop Description (200-word limit):
Example of desired workshop description:
Harvesting our Healing: Connecting to our Deep Roots
As Women of Color, we are “othered” by multiple systems of oppression. How do we heal collectively and support each other in our workplaces and communities? How do we dispel the myth that women don’t support each other? Inherent in our culture is the concept of ‘Ubuntu’: a person is a person through other persons. This means we are bound up and can be human only together through sisterhood.
· Discuss how our history and the trauma of imposter syndrome impact our personal and professional lives.
· Explore how to create a “Culture of Healing” through our interdependence and interconnection.
· Share stories and examples of what it means to live into ‘Ubuntu’ sisterhood.
Lead Presenter Short Bio (200-word limit):
Example of desired bio description:
Submit completed form by March 15, 2024
____ Yes, I am interested in learning how to become a sponsor.
____ Yes, I am interested in learning how we can become an exhibitor.
Call us at (585) 340-2051 to set up your training or submit form by clicking below.Contact Us